Developing Person Centred Teams and Implementing Planning.
Experience has shown us that having a good person centred plan is not enough, the implementation of the plan is the key to people achieving the lives they want, as described in their plans.
Facilitators have an important role to play but so do the
managers who have responsibility for the teams implementing person
centred planning. Good practice determines that we also apply the
same principles inherent in person centred planning to the way we
work with teams. This course is about developing teams in a person
centred way and will help managers identify their key
responsibilities in the implementation process.
What does this course cover?
This is a four day course delivered over an 8 week period. The
first two days are designed to provide participants with:
- An introduction to what we mean by person centred teams and why
they are needed.
- An introduction to person centred team plans and how to develop
- Some practical strategies for developing person centred
Day 3 is held approximately four weeks later and Day 4 another
four weeks after that. These days are designed to provide
- An understanding of their responsibilities in implementing
plans and provide them with practical strategies to do this.
- Practical ways to develop team meetings and supervisions.
- Person centred ways of handling risk.
Participants will be required to complete work in between training
Who is it for?
The training is designed for first line managers who have direct
responsibility for the work of teams implementing person centred
What will people be able to do as a result of attending this
- Apply the principles of person centred planning to their teams
and therefore develop person centred thinking and ways of working
within their teams.
- Develop a person centred team plan using a range of practical
- Recognise their responsibilities in implementing person centred
plans and lead their teams in the successful implementation of the
plans for the people they are supporting.
- Manage team meetings and supervisions in a person centred
- Manage risk in a person centred way.
How long is this course?
How much does this course cost?
UK costs £2800 (£700 per day) excluding VAT,
materials and expenses. Contact email@example.com for
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course
internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Canada contact email@example.com
In Australia contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials for each participant are:
Person Centred Teams Manual for each participant priced at
£19.99, Person Centred Risk Workbook for each participant priced at
£12.95 and Positive and Productive Meeting Workbook for each
participant priced at £14.95. All the materials are availiable
(0161 442 8271).
We can train 18 - 20 people on this course.