Developing Support Plans
This is a two day workshop, designed to give participants an introduction and overview of support planning and its role within the self directed support process.
The objectives of this day are to:
- Introduce participants to the Self Directed Support Process and
the part the support plan plays within this process.
- Consider what makes a robust support plan by introducing the
seven criteria required to be met in a support plan.
- Introduce the support planning graphic and other person centred
thinking tools as techniques to aid the development of the support
- Introduce the support planning cards as a resource to aid the
development of the support plan.
- Consider the roles and responsibilities of the support
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the process of
support planning, in relation to the Self-Directed Support Process.
This can include individuals who use services, their family members
and/or representatives; care managers/social workers, provider
What will people know and be able to do as a result of
attending this course?
- Gain an understanding of the new process of enabling people to
access social care and support services by self directing their
support and using individual/personal budgets.
- Gain an understanding of the seven essential criteria which
must be present in a support plan.
- Experience using person centred thinking tools to create a
- Experience using the support planning cards, workbooks and
graphic templates to aid the development of a robust support
How long is this course: Two days
How much does this course cost:
UK costs £1,400- excluding VAT, materials and expenses. Please
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course
internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact email@example.com
In Canada contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia contact email@example.com