Essential Lifestyle Planning - Train the Trainers.
As Partnership Boards and service providers develop frameworks for the implementation of person centred planning and develop their breath and depth strategy for training, as outlined in the Guidance, organisations may wish to develop their local training capacity.
This course will enable participants to deliver both 'breadth
and depth training'. The depth training will be in Essential
Lifestyle Planning and participants will become accredited
Essential Lifestyle Planning trainers. The breadth training -
person centred thinking skills - will be captured within the
programme and participants will also be accredited person centred
thinking trainers. The training will take place within your
organisation and will be provided by experienced and accredited
Accreditation as person centred thinking skills trainers is
another option. This programme is accredited by the international
organisation 'The Learning Community for Person Centred Practices'
led by Michael Smull.
What does this programme cover?
The potential trainer will:
- Spend 1-2 days with the mentor trainer for preparation,
evaluation and support for on going learning.
- Be offered an opportunity to observe and coach on a course that
we may be providing elsewhere.
- Co-facilitate a four day Essential Lifestyle Planning course
within their organisation with the mentor trainer.
- Lead a second four day course whilst being observed by the
- Provide detailed feedback notes and highlight any areas for
Who is it for?
Experienced Essential Lifestyle Planning facilitators who have
completed at least four plans, including their own.
What will people be able to do as a result of attending this
- Deliver four day Essential Lifestyle Planning
- Deliver person centred thinking skills training - the breadth
- Support facilitator/coaches on an ongoing basis with the
development, coaching of others and implementation of their
- Required to attend the annual UK gathering of the 'Learning
Community for Person Centred Practices' which includes updates from
Michael Smull who co developed Essential Lifestyle Planning in the
- On each of the ELP courses we can train 18-20 facilitators
How long is this course?
How much does this course cost?
UK costs £6300 (£700 per day) excluding VAT,
materials and expenses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for
For more information regarding delivery and costs for this
course internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact email@example.com
In Canada contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia contact email@example.com
UK - Essential Lifestyle Planning Manual by Michael Smull, Helen
Sanderson et al available from HSAPress
priced at £14.95