The function of the 'support planner' is to facilitate the
development of a support plan through to its sign off. In our
experience providing good support around developing support plans
is one of the keys to the on-going success of the developing role
of support planner. Following the two day course for support
planners, this day looks at the on-going support required to assist
the development of this role.
What does this course cover?
This workshop has been designed specifically to offer effective
support to those people who have undertaken the two day course for
support planners and who have responsibility for developing support
The objectives of this day are to:
• Bring together support planners to share their learning and support each other.
• Celebrate good things and share success stories that have happened since becoming an active support planner.
• Discuss any challenges or barriers to the development of support plans.
• Support participants to solve specific implementation issues, within a mutual supportive, learning environment.
• Develop a clear action plan, outlining any next steps for
support planners on-going support and development.
Who is it for?
Any trained support planner who wants to deepen their
understanding of the role of support planner, especially with
regard to implementation issues. This can include any individual
who uses services, their family members and/or representatives,
care managers/social workers, provider staff, advocates.
What will people know and be able to do as a result of attending this course?
• Deepen their understanding of the new process of enabling people to access social care and support services by self directing their support and using individual/personal budgets.
• Deepen their understanding of the seven essential criteria which must be present in a support plan.
• Experience using a range of problem solving tools, to assist implementation.
• Consider the use the support planning cards, workbooks and graphic templates to aid the development of a robust support plan.
• Further develop their confidence and competence as a support planner.
• Act on the next steps developed by each support planner.
How long is this course?