One Page Profiles.
This one day workshop provides participants with the skills to use
the core person centred thinking tools needed to develop a one
page profile, and act on this.
“A well defined understanding of ‘important to and for’ and a
regular review of ‘what’s working/not working’ that actually guides action is a necessary condition for any form of service provision.”
The workshop also shows how to go from a one page profile to a
person centred plan (essential lifestyle plan) and how a one page
profile can be the beginning of a support plan.
The objectives of this day are for participants to:
- Have competency in using the core person centred thinking tools
required to develop one page profiles with people they support and
- Have the skills to ensure the one page grows, based on what
individuals are telling us is working and not working in their
- Know the importance of ensuring that the process leads to
actions which make a difference in a person's life.
Who is it for?
People providing direct support and their managers, professionals,
parents and carers or those requiring an overview of the core
person centred thinking tools.
This one day workshop can be offered directly to people who use
services to develop their own one page profile. Contact kerry@
helensandersonassociates.co.uk for details and prices. We would
co-design the workshop locally and include trainers who are experts
What will people know and be able to do as a result of
attending this course?
Use the core person centred thinking tools and be able to:
- Separate what is important to someone from what is important
- Record this information into a one page profile.
- Discover what is working and not working in a situation from
different perspectives leading to action plans that make a positive
difference in a person's lives.
- Record how someone communicates through using a communication
- Use the decision making agreement.
- See different ways of recording one page profiles.
- Know how to decide which person centred thinking tool to use to
develop a one page profile into a person centred plan (or support
- Understand the benefits of using one page profiles with staff;
for example as part of person centred team plans.
- Understand how using person centred thinking and one page
profiles can help to deliver personalised services.
How long is this course?
How much does this course cost?
UK costs: £700 excluding VAT, materials and
expenses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding delivery and costs for this
course internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact email@example.com
In Canada contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia contact email@example.com
Person centred thinking minibook availiable from HSAPress.