What does this day cover?
This one day workshop provides participants with the skills to use core person centred thinking tools. The information gathered can be developed into a one page profile and the beginning of the support plan. The course includes the journey of the customer from the time of referral through the 6 weeks process of re-ablement and how the tools can be used to support the person and the staff member well throughout the process.
The objectives of this day are for participants to:
• To ensure the person maintains as much choice and control in the provision of their service as possible.
• Have competency in using core person centred thinking tools during the journey of re-ablement to support and encourage the person to maintain as much independence as possible.
• To know who is important in the persons life and consider the importance of relationships.
• Have the skills to see how the tools grow and complement each other both for the person and for the staff working alongside the person.
• To use a learning log to record accurate and relevant information important to the person.
• To ensure that the information gathered is the start of a support plan should this be required to inform other services/agencies for the future.
Who is it for?
People providing direct support and their managers and professionals, or those involved in the reablement process that require an overview of the use of the core person centred thinking tools in this situation.
What will people know and be able to do as a result of attending this course?
Use core person centred thinking tools and be able to:
• Separate what is important to someone from what is important to them.
• Record information in a way that makes sense both to the person and the person providing the support.
• Discover what is working and not working in the situation from different perspectives leading to action plans that make a positive difference to the person's life now and in the future.
• Know when to use the different tools during the journey of reablement.
• Support the person to begin the development of a support plan.
• Ensure that if any future support provision is necessary that the transition of information is seamless and informative.
• Record how someone communicates through using a communication chart.
• Use the decision making agreement.
• See different ways of recording one page profiles.
• Know how to decide which person centred thinking tool to use to develop a one page profile into a person centred plan (or support plan).
• Understand how using person centred thinking and one page profiles can help to deliver personalised services.
How long is the course?
How much does the course cost?
UK Costs: £700 excluding vat, materials and expenses. Please contact email@example.com
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course
internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Canada contact email@example.com
In Australia contact firstname.lastname@example.org