Support Planning in Health
Support planning is central to enabling people to be in control of their health and their life. The development of the support plan is a key part of this process. A support plan describes; who a person is, the health outcomes they want to achieve and the support they will need to achieve these outcomes. If the person has a personal health budget, the plan will then show how they will use their budget to make this happen.
What does this course cover?
This is a two-day workshop, designed to give participants an
opportunity to explore, in depth, support planning and its role
within the personal health budget process.
The objectives of this day are to:
- Explore in depth the key part support planning has within the
personal health budget process.
- Consider what makes a robust support plan.
- Show people different ways of developing support plans i.e.
templates and workbooks.
- Consider the role and responsibilities of those developing
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the process of
support planning. This can include; individuals who use services,
their family members or representatives and health care
What will people know and be able to do as a result of
attending this course?
- Gain a deeper understanding of the process of enabling people
to access health, social care and support services by self
directing their support and using personal health budgets.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the essential criteria which
must be present in a support plan.
- Experience using person centred thinking tools to create a
How long is this course?
How much does this course cost?
UK costs: £1400 excluding VAT, materials and
expenses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding delivery and costs for this
course internationally, please contact:
In the USA contact email@example.com
In Canada contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia contact email@example.com